The information we collect about you
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services you use or products you acquire. This may include collecting your name and address, your email address, your contact address, credit card details and, where you have the option to comment on our services or products, whatever other information you choose to supply to allow us to provide products and services to you.
How we use your information and whom we may disclose it to
The information that we collect about you is used to help you access the services or acquire the goods that the Media Resource Centre provides more easily. The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease the addresses stored in our databases to any third parties.
We may disclose the personal information, other information or data we collect from you if:
(a)You give us your consent.
(b)You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for another purpose, and that other purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
In this way we may use your information to send you out promotional material, which you may find of interest. If you do not wish to receive any of this material you may simply choose to “unsubscribe” from our mailing lists and no further material will be sent to you.
If you post reviews or comments on the site, you grant the MRC a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such reviews and comments throughout the world in any media. You also grant the MRC and its affiliates the right to use the name that you submit with any review or comment, if any, in connection with such review or comment.
Access and Content
Any personal information that we collect about customers including email addresses will be kept in a database which is accessible only by those authorised to perform normal daily tasks such as updating addresses and renewing membership.
Our Security Procedures
Once we receive personal information from you, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up to date and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised persons.
Mercury Cinema / Media Resource Centre
13 Morphett Street
Adelaide SA 5000
You should provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular information sought, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged. If the MRC does not allow you to access your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
- Media Resource Centre adhere to the following privacy principles
- Media Resource Centre only collects personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means.
- Media Resource Centre only uses or discloses information for the purpose for which it was collected unless the person has provided permission to send direct marketing material.
- Media Resource Centre takes reasonable steps within the boundaries of accepted everyday work practises to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date.
- Media Resource Centre implements systems that protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Media Resource Centre provides printed and digital means for individual access to personal information it holds about that individual on request.
- Media Resource Centre do not adopt, use or disclose, an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government ‘agency’.
- Media Resource Centre do provide methods for customers to interact anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do so.
- Media Resource Centre does not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country in circumstances where the information will not have an appropriate level of protection.
- Media Resource Centre does not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented, it is required by law – or in other special specified circumstances, for example relating to health services provision and individual or public health or safety.